Terms & Conditions
ADV guarantee to provide safe, child-led quality lessons that will enhance bonding, build confidence and increase development and ability, using suitably qualified instructors at all times.
ADV follow current good practice and take advice from recognised governing bodies such as The STA (Swimming Teachers Association) and Swim England (formerly the ASA)
- ADV will supervise children only whilst in the pool. Children must be accompanied by an adult and it is your responsibility to supervise your child at all times whilst on the premises including the changing rooms, toilets and in the school grounds.
- Shoes must be removed before entering the changing rooms and poolside. Overshoes may be worn if available.
- In accordance with Safeguarding Regulations children aged 8 and over must not use the opposite sex changing rooms. Parents assisting children under the age of 8 must not use the opposite sex changing rooms, for example, a mother assisting her son under 8 would use the female changing rooms and a father assisting his daughter would use the male changing rooms.
- Photography is not allowed in the pool area by the use of camera, mobile phone or tablet. However, at times ADV may ask your permission to take photos or video for stroke improvement or for marketing purposes. Express permission will be sought before any photos or video is taken.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your allocated lesson and do not wander around the school grounds. Use of the play equipment in the school grounds is strictly forbidden.
Allocations and Re-Booking
An email will be sent to you with a booking form giving details of the class time, dates for that term and deadline dates. If you want to change your day or time or stop swimming altogether you must advise us by email before the deadline date.
Payment is due before the start of all lessons and can be made by bank transfer, cheque, or cash. If payment has not been received and we have contacted you addressing non-payment and the outstanding is not paid, ADV reserve the right to fill your place with another swimmer and therefore you will lose your place without further notice.
Refunds and Cancellations
- In the event of a pool closure or inclement weather ADV will attempt to add an additional week to the end of term or half term in the first instance. If this is not possible then a credit for the following term or refund will be offered.
- No refunds are given in the event of your child missing a lesson due to illness or holiday. However, we can offer a discretional ‘catch up’ class where space allows.
- If you wish to withdraw your child from part of the term on medical grounds then we require a letter from your GP or specialist detailing the nature of your childs illness and confirming that your child has been medically advised not to swim. At the discretion of the swim school owner, a credit may be offered for those missed lessons.
Please respect our precautionary health rules and refrain from swimming lessons if your child suffers with any of the following conditions:
- Diarrhoea and Vomiting (within the last 48 hours)
- Ring worm
- Chickenpox (Until scabs have cleared)
- Cold sores
- Verrucas (Unless treated or covered)
- Open Wounds eg cuts, severe eczema
Adult & Child Swimming Classes
If your child is not yet toilet trained then they should wear a disposable swim nappy and a neoprene 'Happy Nappy’ (or similar) over the top.
Some physical contact may be necessary to aid the progress of your child’s swimming but their consent will always be asked for beforehand.
ADV cannot accept any responsibility for any personal injury or loss or damage to property whilst on any of the school premises. Personal belongings are left at owners’ risk.
ADV aim to offer excellent customer service. If however, you are not happy for any reason please speak to your teacher in the first instance or contact Diane Tidey directly:
19 Strood Gate, Wivelsfield Green, East Sussex RH17 7RY
Telephone 01444 470001 or 07977 447603